[Recovery] Secure rapid diagnostic kit·treatments·vaccines(3sets) with our technologies
ㅇ (Rapid diagnostic kit) Development and approval application for a semiconductor-based COVID-19 diagnostic kit that diagnoses infection with only saliva within three minutes, has made Korea the first in the world to launch the kit(Mar.2021).
ㅇ (Treatments) Among the drug candidates drug re-creations discovered, domestic drugs that have completed phase 2 clinical trials will quickly be applied to the medical fields(first half in 2021) by collaborating with the Ministry of Health and Welfare.
ㅇ (Vaccines) For vaccines under development with our technology, customized support such as preclinical and overseas clinical trials will be promptly provided for a quick launch
ㅇ (Esatablishment of foundation) Basic Virus Research Institute(second half in 2021) was founded and modular negative pressure wards* will have been pilot-operated(~April. 2021) and pushed forward to be widely used.
* able to install four wards and support facilities within five days and additional wards can be installed within 15 minutes.
 [Resurgence] Accelerate a great digital transformation through the Digital New Deal
The Digital New Deal provides an environment where a variety of data is available for use.
ㅇ (Data dam) 16(cumulative) big data platforms 180(cumulative) centers provide data and add Artificial Intelligence learning data of 150 types.
- Reflecting the data integration transfer studies*, the supply of data will be promoted and artificial intelligence, data, cloud vouchers will be provided for 3,280 SMEs and startups.
* Studies are underway about data stores, connection plans to various platform (Aug. 2020-Jan. 2021)
ㅇ (Artificial Intelligence capabilities) Development of technology for PIM(Processing In Memory) semiconductor and the next-generation Artificial Intelligence* will be pushed forward.
* a technology that can learn with a small amount of data, explain results, and can be easily applied to other fields
ㅇ (Data highway) Meticulously-designed 5G networks that citizens can use without inconvenience will be built* and developing key technologies to acquire future network 6G, quantum information communication, etc will be launched.
* extend 5G coverage to major local neighborhoods in all cities(85) and all subway lines·KTX·SRT
- Operators that will build networks specialized for 5G* will include companies that need 5G networks as well as telecommunications service providers
* 5G network that can be customized for specific services within a specific area
ㅇ (Spread across all industries･society) The spread of digitalization across all industries･society through promoting 5G･Artificial Intelligence-based convergence services enhances productivity and convenience for living.
※ 5G convergence : 5G+ core services(immersive content, etc.), demonstration and spread of 5G MEC public services (safety, remote education, etc.)
※ Artifical intelligence convergence : 7 major projects including medical image diagnosis reading, coastal security and mine detection
Accelerate the Digital New Deal by building governance and preparing related legislations
ㅇ (Governance) The 4th Industrial Revolution Committee is reorganized into a data control tower (Jan. 2021)
ㅇ (Digital laws) To lead the digital new deal and the non-face-to-face era, the enactment of ｢three laws for digital transformation｣(Basic data law, Digital collection law, Digital inclusion law) and ｢Contactless industry law｣ will be pushed forward(first half in 2021).
 [Resurgence] Science and technology innovation pioneering the future
Preapare a core technology development blueprint to realize 2050 carbon neutrality
ㅇ (Carbon neutrality) The establishment of "2050 Carbon-neutral Technology Innovation Project Promotion Strategy”(Mar. 2021) will lead to increase in R&D investment and presentation in 'mid-to-long-term technology roadmap'
- To secure leading technologies, "2050 carbon neutrality technology innovation 10 project promotion strategies" will be prepared(Mar. 2021) and ｢Climate Change Response Technology Development Promotion law｣ will be enacted.
Starting with a launch of independently developed vehicles, expand the space territory with our technology
ㅇ (Space) Successful launch of Nuri, a Korean launch vehicle developed with Korean technology*(Oct. 2021)
* This will allow us to become the 7th country to have technology to transport utility-class medium-sized satellites(1.5 tons) into space
- A lunar orbiter development(-2022), a next-generation medium-sized satellite launch(Mar. 2021), building Korea Positioning System(KPS) will be pushed forward.
- The enactment of ｢Civil Space Development Promotion Act｣ will be pushed forward(second half in 2021) and the establishment of a launch site for solid fuels(2021-2024) according to the amendment of the Korean-US missile guidelines(Jul. 2020) will be carried out.
Bio and materials, components and equipment as future growth drivers
ㅇ (Bio) Intensive support* in the in the fields of new drugs, medical devices, and regenerative medicine will be provided and a national bio data station that integrates scattered research data and provide them will be established.
* New drugs(2021-2030, KRW 2.2T), medical devices(2020-2025, KRW 1.2T), regenerative medicine (2021∼2030, KRW 0.6T)
ㅇ (Materials, components and equipment) Research on core items (100+85) to stabilize the current supply chain (32→57 research teams) will be expanded and future leading items to create a new supply chain(first half in 2021) will be selected.
Create an immersive research environment for researchers
ㅇ (Immersive research environment) National tasks should be completed by doubling researcher-led fundamental research (KRW 1.26T in 2017 → KRW 2.52T(plan) in 2022)
- `With ｢National Research and Development Innovation Act｣ taking effect(Jan. 2021), regulations(286 previously) and systems (59 previously) that are scattered acorss all departments will be arranged and streamlined without any delay.
 [Inclusiveness] Realize an inclusive society that is safe and for everyone
Spare no support for the talented in various fields
ㅇ (Youth) Discussion with related departments to apply industrial accident insurance to under(graduate) students in science and engineering will be carried out and the support that postdoctoral can conduct and lead research independently* will be enhanced.
* ‘Sejong Science Followship' will be established (300 persons a year, within KRW 130 million), expansion of ‘KIURI’ (4→6 research teams)
ㅇ (Female) Action plans for female scientists balancing work and family (first half in 2021) will be prepared.
ㅇ (Digital talent) 100,000 talents in Artificial Intelligence·Software will be fostered by increasing Artificial Intelligence graduate schools(2020, 8 schools → 2021, 10 schools)
Expand the digital safety net that is convenient and reliable
ㅇ (Digital inclusion) Digital capacity education(to 270,000 persons) will be conducted and new public Wi-fi (new: 15,000 cases, cumulated: 72,000 cases) will be installed to narrow digital divide.
ㅇ (Cyber security) Security consulting will be provided to SMEs(1,270 enterprises) and remote PC security checks for citizens(70,000 persons) will be supported.
Minister Choi Kiyoung said that the ministry will make 2021 a year of Recovery, Inclusiveness, Resurgence through science, technology and ICT innovation
ㅇ He said that 'to that end, key priorities announced today will be put into actions without delay to overcome the COVID crisis, accelerate a digital great transformation, realize innovation in science and technology and an inclusive society.
Minister Choi visited Korea Institute of Radiological Medical Sciences as the first official visit following the announcement of 2021 tasks
ㅇ At the visit, the minister visited the clinical trial sites of the quick diagnosis kit and modular negative wards. In the following virtual meeting, he shared his messages of encouragement to researchers working on rapid diagnostic kits, treatments, vaccines and disinfection equipment and listened to their opinions.